Position: VP and Chief Marketing Officer
• Change management – implementation of new business processes, reengineering, and definition/ implementation of HR and Marketing strategy after mergers or acquisitions.
• Merger and acquisition studies, valuations, and negotiations
• Strategic planning in a start-up environment, especially environmental assessment, strategic market planning, HR strategies, competitive analysis, and marketing implementation
• Turnaround management, asset utilization, capital budgeting, and corporate proctology
• Leadership of Sales, Marketing, and Business Development functions
• Use of HR as a strategic business/marketing function
• Ph.D. Walden University (1986) Social Change/Business – Transfer Pricing, Change Management
• MBA Northwestern University (1965) Accounting and Marketing (Beta Gamma Sigma)
• AB Dartmouth College (1963) Engineering Science (Cum Laude)
• eCRM Professional Certification – Digital Consulting Institute (DCI) eUniversity
• Certified Advanced Facilitator – University of Phoenix
• Illinois Bell (1974-1978): Specialized in sales training. Provided market planning support and rate administration management and testimony for data equipment, data networks, and mobile service.
• AT&T (1978-1988): Market Opportunity Definition and Strategic Planning (9/85-12/88): Initiated and led merger and acquisition analysis. Conceived and developed business case for $250 Million acquisition of Paradyne. Antitrust analysis (1978–85) Led internal discovery and analysis team in support of Western Electric’s defense attorneys and economic witnesses in the area of global market power.
• AT&T – Advanced Decision Support Systems (1/89-9/89): Appointed acting VP – Marketing. Developed the market planning processes and structure, and supervised all market planning functions.
• AT&T Paradyne (9/89 – 1/96) Business Development Director (9/91-1/96): Implemented Corporate and SBU Economic Value Add (EVA) and People Value Add (PVA) processes. Designed and led implementation of ISO certified Strategic Quality Management Process (SQMP), which helped the company earn the Florida Sterling Award. Led Market Opportunity Definition, Benchmarking, and internal consulting for AT&T Paradyne’s Product and Distribution global Business Units, including valuations for potential acquisition of 15 companies in the hub, router, and internetworking area. Managed the divestiture process for an underperforming SBU. Director, Information Planning and Decision Support (9/89-8/91): Defined, organized, and directed the re-engineering initiative for customer order management and sales force automation.
• SCii Telecom (1/96 – 10/97) VP – US Operations, SCii Telecom SA, and President, SCii Telecom Inc. Launched U.S. marketing start-up for this French Telecommunications equipment manufacturer (ISDN products). Developed and began implementing plan to grow sales to $10M over two years. SCii Telecom SA was acquired, and withdrew from the US market.
• GVN Technologies (10/97 – 5/00) VP, Chief Business Development Officer. Defined, established, and nurtured strategic business partnerships (OEMs). Identified target acquirer, and managed internal due diligence. GVN was sold for $66 million. VP of Marketing and Sales. Developed and implemented complete Marketing Plan. Hired, trained, and managed 4-person national sales force.
• Advanced Fibre Communications (5/00-4/01) Director, Enterprise Sales. Opened new Enterprise markets for carrier class network solutions. Managed 4-person national sales force.
• Enersafe, Inc. (5/02-1/06). Co-founder, President, & CEO. Developed, manufactured, and distributed remote battery monitoring systems. Secured funding. Responsible for all HR functions. Developed and began implementing exit strategy with MGE UPS USA. Acquired by Myers Power Products.
• Myers Power Products (01/06 – 11/07). Sales and Marketing Director. Successfully built the nationwide reseller channel by signing power management contractors for the Enersafe product line.
• e-northamerica, Inc. (04/15 – present. VP and Chief Marketing Officer. Currently engaged in launching e-stimate® and Siegel® into the North America market.
EDW Consulting, Inc. 2/95 – Present
• Founder and President. (A Florida S Corporation)
Change Management, Re-engineering, Strategic HR and Marketing Planning and Implementation (CRM, Business Development, Channel Development, Sales Mgt.), Valuations. Specializing in Startups and Turnarounds.
• (1997 – 2000) Managing Partner, Cornwell Consulting Services (Telecom Workouts, Valuations) Specialized in “corporate proctology”.
o Served as Director and Acting President of Touch Tone America (a telecom reseller) and their ISP subsidiary, GetNet International, (NASDAQ:TONE) as turnaround agent for investors. Negotiated a reverse acquisition as an exit strategy.
o Served as VP-Administration for MTC Netsource (an international calling card provider), reporting to Trustee in Bankruptcy. Served as President of Scruznet, their ISP subsidiary. Motivated and retained personnel while formulating a workout plan.
o Performed over 35 valuations (16 for CCS) for use in merger and bankruptcy situations. Prepared testimony in 4 of these cases. All were settled before trial.
• (2001 – 2002) Director, Special Projects, C3 Services (Conferencing Services) Evaluated acquisition candidates and conferencing platform suppliers.
• (1994 – 2000) Associate, The Information Group (Business Process Design)
• (1998 – 2001) Director, Special Projects, CGM LLC. (Telco M&A.) Due Diligence, Marketing Plans.
• (2005) Branding research and implementation for International Society of Pharmaceutical Innovation.
• (2008 – 2009) Developed 3 Marketing courses for a major on-line university – Advertising, Global Marketing, and Entrepreneurial Marketing.
• (2008 – 2009) Developed and help implement the Marketing Plan for a high-tech startup (ExerTherm – Switchgear monitoring).
• (2011) VP – Marketing & Sales, Petre Software & Computer Services, LLC., and WiHSPA™ (Wi-Fi Hot Spot for Proximity Advertising.
• (2011) Director – Business Analysis, ProVice LLC. Business Process Management reengineering design and implementation. Internet marketing strategy.
• (2009 – present) Director, Business Development, Marketing and Sales, Power Service Concepts (industrial batteries, battery maintenance & monitoring, AC and DC risk mitigation).
• Florida Institute of Technology, (Aug. 1991 – June 2012). MBA Program, School of Extended Graduate Studies (Develop and teach courses in Policy Formulation, Marketing, e-Marketing, and Health Care Marketing). University Alliance undergraduate management program: Developed the courses for the Marketing major; deliver online instruction. (Currently inactive due to change of focus at FIT.)
• Stetson University, (Jan 2001 – June 2003) JD/MBA Program (Taught courses in Management, Marketing, Organizational Behavior)
• University of Phoenix, (Dec. 2001 – present). John Sperling School of Business, College of Undergraduate and Graduate Business & Management. (Classroom and online courses in Marketing, eBusiness, Strategy and Policy Formulation, Public Relations/Marcom. For the College of Humanities: Communications for Accountants and Sales Communications)
• South University Online (Feb. 2010 – present) Various Marketing courses
• Eckerd College (Sept. 2010 – present — Residential: International Marketing, Global Human Relations Management (2010 – 2012); Program for Experienced Learners (PEL) – Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research (2012 – present).
• California Southern University (August 2014 – present. Various Marketing and Management courses within the School of Business.
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) – Life Member — Power Engineering Society, Stationary Battery Committee; former participant in the Standards Association. (member since 1987)
• Former Secretary, Tampa Bay Chapter, Society for Information Management (SIM)
• American Marketing Association (AMA) – member
• American Association of University Professors (AAUP) – member
• Listed in Who’s Who in Finance and Industry, 27th Ed, 1992-93, 28th Ed, 1993-94.
I enjoy golf, boating, and travel. I especially enjoy our 6 children, 11 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren, so life is good.
Member of Board of Directors – Swiss Club of St. Petersburg (www.swissclubstperersburg.com)